Monday, December 8, 2014

THE LAST ONE

YOU GUYS. THIS WILL BE THE LAST BLOG POST WRITTEN IN CHILE. WHAT.

Last Friday night I went to the end of the year fancy dinner for El Oasis then danced all night and didn't get home until 6am. And then I showered and went straight to my brother's first communion. I WAS SO TIRED IT WAS ACTUALLY PAINFUL. I came home after and died forever until I woke up and my mom was decorating for Christmas and I ate lemon pie. I don't know why I didn't think Christmas decorations would be a thing in my house but THEY ARE. My first sweaty Christmas.

My Thanksgiving this year was celebrated 3 days late at a table using both English and Spanish with no one I'm related to and a meal that consisted of dishes from both Chile and the USA. And we listened to Christmas music while we ate. I don't know if I've ever mentioned Chile's obsession with mayonnaise but Chile has an obsession with mayonnaise. There was an entire table full of DELICIOUS DISHES and yet they still had the bag of mayo out. Oh yeah. They buy their mayonnaise in bulk bags.

The next day me and a few gals sat on the deck of the 27th floor of Briony's apartment and had girl talk and giggled and loved each other. The sun was setting and was putting this BEAUTIFUL light over the city and I just absolutely couldn't get over it and I was just looking down at the city I love so much and was just like HEY WOW I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS CITY. Lol to 4 years ago when I didn't know a thing about Chile or that it wasn't spelled Chili.

Between that little moment ^ and Thanksgiving I just remembered again that I'm really not ready to go home. HEY LET'S WAIT UNTIL JESS GETS NICE AND COMFORTABLE AND THEN MAKE HER LEAVE.

There's this old man that sometimes rides the same bus as me. This week I noticed his haircut. Sometimes this city of 6 million people feels really small.

ON WEDNESDAY I WENT AND PICKED UP MY BEST FRIEND JULIA CORE AND HER MOM BARBS AT THE AIRPORT. I was their professional part time tour guide and having my two worlds collide could not have been greater. I had actual sore cheeks from smiling and laughing so much. And like I know we just survived 4 months without each other but that didn't make saying goodbye for another 3 weeks any easier.  JULIA CORE YOU ARE SUCH A SPECIAL FRIEND TO ME. And Barbs. I love Barbs.

I've had a few people tell me I have a Spanish accent (like from Spain) and I have never had any idea why. Over the weekend me and Julia just realized that I have a little bit of a lisp when I speak English too and that's why I think people confuse me for a sexy Spanish woman when I speak Spanish. So now I have to explain to people, "No I'm not from Spain I just have a lisp". Julia calls it the "Meredith Grey lisp". My life.

Also on Wednesday I walked around with one side of my shorts tucked up under my backpack exposing my butt cheek to the general public for 20 minutes.

Sometimes you have a relationship with the Creator of the universe and sometimes you feel like he's M.I.A. And that's been this past little over a weekish for me. I used to get really frustrated when I felt like I was talking to a wall or was having a hard time seeing Jesus in other people (or in myself for that matter) but I've learned that this is actually a cool part of following Jesus. Because it is SUCH A RELATIONSHIP that that's just a natural part of it.

People are just overwhelmingly unperfect and I have no idea why Jesus wants to be so involved with us.

My last day of school and my 21st birthday are on Wednesday, then I leave to travel the south of Chile on Thursday and then I'll come back spend 2 more days in Santiago and then my butt's getting on a plane back to Los Angeles, CA, USA on December 22nd. The next time we talk I'll be a mature 21-year-old sitting in San Clemente holding my family, weeping over my bank account, and celebrating what these last 4.5 months were for me. So like bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment