Sunday, October 19, 2014

HOW IS IT ALREADY OCT 19 WHY

Hi.

This week I found out that Chile is in South America. I went to La Vega Central (the main fruit/veggie/meats/etc.) market in Santiago and my life was forever changed. It was sketchy and beautiful and there were pig heads and I finally felt like I was in Latin America and I plan on going back at least once a week. 

Also I've realized that 90% of the reason I love Chile is because instead of shaking hands to meet someone you kiss their cheek. Which is GREAT for people like me with sweaty hands always. 

My pal Spring and I tried to make a peso on the metro by playing and singing 5 Years Time on the ukulele. Didn't go so well. 

I got my ass grabbed by this AWFUL man on my way out of the metro last week. I was so shocked/flustered when it happened that all I did was give him a dirty look. All week I've been trying to think about what I should have done but I can't come to a conclusion. WHAT WOULD JESUS DO IF HE GOT HIS ASS GRABBED ON THE METRO? YEAH I DON'T KNOW EITHER. 

There's a Christian ministry here for college students called El Oasis. It's the best thing that has ever happened to Chilean Jansen. I would really just like to spend 110% of my time with the people there. Last weekend I went on their retreat in the campo with them. It was just the absolute best. I am obsessed with every human that was there. They are SO FUN and also so very patient with my Spanish. I could actually write 14 blog posts just about that weekend and Oasis and all the fun stuff we do together now and everything ever. AS IF I NEEDED MORE REASONS TO NEVER LEAVE CHILE. I have about 50 more of them now in people form. 

I just got back from spending some time with the Younglifers in Rancagua again. It was gr8, as expected. But there was also something gr8 that wasn't expected. This afternoon Gabriel dropped me off at the bus station and LOL ALL THE BUS TICKETS BACK TO SANTIAGO WERE SOLD OUT. AND MY CHILEAN PHONE WAS DEAD. AND I DIDN'T HAVE GABRIEL'S PHONE NUMBER WRITTEN DOWN ANYWHERE. OR HIS ADDRESS. AND I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA BE SLEEPING IN THE BUS STATION.  Luckily I can hablar some espaƱol and I figured out that there was a bigger bus station across town where I could get a bus back to Santiago. Lol.

TIME HERE IS FLYING AND I'M PANICKING. I'm experiencing this strange thing where I can't wait to be back in San Luis Obispo but I also actually never want to leave Chile. It's like one of those weird things like the Trinity. It doesn't make any sense, it just is. 

Sorry for the short post. Love me. 










2 comments:

  1. Laura says if someone grabbed Jesus' ass he would turn and say, "I'm telling my dad!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can hablar some espanol and found another bus station! Also, you should have turned around and shouted, "who grabbed my ass? I felt the power leave me!' Then when you spotted the pervert, you could have said "Perv, your intrusion has violated me. Yet, I forgive you. Go in peace and sin no more." I mean this all depends how serious u were when you WWJDed....

    -fooch

    ReplyDelete